from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The external sac of skin enclosing the testes in most mammals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The bag of skin and muscle that contains the testicles in mammals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The bag or pouch which contains the testicles; the cod.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The purse-like tegumentary investment of the testes and part of the spermatic cord; the cod.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the external pouch that contains the testes
Latin scrōtum.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Borrowing from Latin scrōtum. (Wiktionary)