from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Educated by one's own efforts rather than by formal instruction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a person, having learned without the direction of a teacher.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Educated by one's own efforts, without instruction, or without pecuniary assistance from others.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Educated by one's own efforts alone, without regular training under a preceptor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. educated by your own efforts rather than by formal instruction
self- + educated (Wiktionary)