from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something, such as land or a certain percentage of profits, that is set aside for a specific purpose.
- n. A federal program requiring that a certain percentage of government funds and contracts be reserved for businesses owned by women and members of minority groups.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. something that is set aside for a specific purpose
- n. land that has been taken out of agricultural production to reduce crop surpluses
- adj. that has or have been set aside
- adj. taken out of agricultural production
- adj. reserved or booked in advance
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. reserved in advance
Sorry, no etymologies found.