from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who, or that which, shells.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, shells
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who shells or husks, or a tool or machine used in shelling or husking: as, a corn -sheller; pea - shellers.
- n. Specifically
- n. A machine for stripping the kernels of maize or Indian corn from the cob; a corn-sheller.
- n. One who makes a business of opening bivalves for market; an opener; a shucker; a sticker.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a worker who removes shells (as of peas or oysters)
shell + -er (Wiktionary)