from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Making an imposing or aesthetically pleasing display; striking: showy flowers.
- adj. Displaying brilliance and virtuosity of ability or performance: a showy violin solo.
- adj. Marked by or prone to ostentatious, often tasteless display; flashy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. calling attention; flashy; standing out to the eye, often in such a way that is of low quality or little merit
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Making a show; attracting attention; presenting a marked appearance; ostentatious; gay; gaudy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Making a show or striking appearance; gay; brilliant; gaudy; effective.
- Given to show or display; ostentatious.
- Synonyms Gorgeous, magnificent, sumptuous, pompous, grand, flashy, glaring, garish, dressy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. superficially attractive and stylish; suggesting wealth or expense
- adj. marked by ostentation but often tasteless
- adj. (used especially of clothes) marked by conspicuous display
- adj. displaying brilliance and virtuosity
show + -y (Wiktionary)