from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A short narrow board having a set of four wheels mounted under it, ridden in a standing or crouching position and often used to perform stunts
- intransitive v. To ride or perform stunts on a skateboard.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A narrow, wooden or plastic platform mounted on pairs of wheels, on which one stands and propels oneself by pushing along the ground with one foot.
- v. To use a skateboard for amusement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. ride on a flat board with rollers attached to the bottom
- n. a board with wheels that is ridden in a standing or crouching position and propelled by foot
skate + board (Wiktionary)