from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Thoroughly soaked; drenched.
- adv. Extremely; very: sopping wet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Soaked, drenched, completely wet to the point of dripping.
- v. Present participle of sop.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Soaking, soaked, or drenched, as with rain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. extremely wet
Sorry, no etymologies found.