from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being sound.
- n. The result or product of being sound.
- n. The property (of an argument) of not only being valid, but also of having true premises.
- n. The property of a logical theory that whenever a wff is a theorem then it must also be valid. Symbolically, letting T represent a theory within logic L, this can be represented as the property that whenever is true, then must also be true, for any wff φ of logic L.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being sound
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being sound, in any sense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a state or condition free from damage or decay
- n. the quality of being prudent and sensible
- n. the muscle tone of healthy tissue
From sound + -ness (Wiktionary)