from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An increase in speed; acceleration.
- n. A required acceleration of work or production without an increase in pay.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An amount or rate of decrease in time taken.
- n. The relationship between time taken and number of processors used.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of accelerating; increasing the speed
Sorry, no etymologies found.