American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Slang A person who publicizes favorable interpretations of the words and actions of a public figure, especially a politican.
- n. A person employed to gloss over a poor public image (or present it in a better light) in business and politics, especially after unfavourable results have been achieved. A lobbyist; PR person.
- v. To generate spin (favourable interpretation or bias).
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a spokesperson for a political party or candidate who tries to forestall negative publicity.
- n. a public relations person who tries to forestall negative publicity by publicizing a favorable interpretation of the words or actions of a company or political party or famous person
- From spin + doctor. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘spin doctor’.
how election is used,everything
to do with elections,synonyms
at or in (one's) ..., doctrine of election, election-address, election-ale, election bun, election cake, election commissi..., election-committee, election-cry, election-day, Election de Clerk, election dinner and 151 more...
you know that thing where the Eskimos have 50 words for snow?
announcement of c..., campaign headquar..., campaign season, campaign staff, campaign strategy, campaign tactic, campaign team, campaign trail, campaigning, candidate, candidate registr..., caucus and 930 more...
Words that describe people who are identified by a specific variety of speech. This list was inspired by the discussion at anecdotalist.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
My S Words
Looking for tweets for spin doctor.