from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Inclined to remain in one's home, locality, or country.
- adj. Sports Not engaging much in the offensive play: a stay-at-home defenseman.
- n. A person who stays at or works from home.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not employed, and rather devoting more time to one's children.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is not given to roaming, gadding about, or traveling; one who keeps at home, either through choice or of necessity: also used adjeetively: as, a stay-at-home man.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not given to travel
- n. a person who seldom goes anywhere; one not given to wandering or travel
Sorry, no etymologies found.