from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone or something that steers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who steers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which steers; a steersman.
- n. In a tricycle, the rod and small wheel by which the machine is turned about and guided: called front steerer or back steerer according to its place on the machine.
- n. In bunko swindling, one who steers or leads his victim to the rendezvous; a bunko-steerer.
- n. A machine for controlling the rudder of a boat or yacht.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a beguiler who leads someone into danger (usually as part of a plot)
- n. the person who steers a ship
Sorry, no etymologies found.