from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. (used passively) To be bogged, to be stuck in mud.
- v. (obsolete) To walk with a heavy or clumsy gait; to plod.
- v. To stab; to probe; to thrust; to prod; to pierce.
- v. To have a cigarette; To smoke a stog.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To plunge a stick down through (the soil), in order to ascertain its depth; probe (a pool or marsh) with a pole.
- To plunge and fix in mire; stall in mud; mire.
- To plant the feet slowly and cautiously in walking.
Sorry, no etymologies found.