from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a manner that endures pain and hardship without outwardly showing suffering or expressing complaint.
- adv. In an unfeeling manner that inwardly is unaffected by pain or distress.
- adv. In a manner consistent with the philosophy of stoicism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In the manner of the Stoics, or of a stoic; without apparent feeling or sensibility; with indifference to pleasure or pain; with calm fortitude.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. without emotion; in a stoic manner
From stoical + -ly. (Wiktionary)