from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the stomach; gastric.
- adj. Beneficial to or stimulating digestion in the stomach.
- n. An agent, such as a medicine, that strengthens or stimulates the stomach.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the stomach.
- adj. Beneficial to the stomach or to digestion.
- n. A medicine for the stomach.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the stomach.
- adj. Strengthening to the stomach; exciting the action of the stomach; stomachal; cordial.
- n. A medicine that strengthens the stomach and excites its action.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the stomach.
- n. A medicine which sharpens the appetite, and is supposed to stimulate digestion, as the bitter tonics; a stomachal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or involving the stomach
Latin stomachicus. (Wiktionary)