from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who grips a hanging strap or similar device for support while riding as a passenger on a bus or subway.
- n. One who uses public transportation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who travels using public transportation (often standing up and holding on to a strap).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a standing subway or bus passenger who grips a hanging strap for support
- n. a commuter who uses public transportation
strap + hanger (Wiktionary)