from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A supporting timber or other prop in a mine.
- n. A platform braced against the sides of a working area in a mine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A framework of timber covered with boards to support rubbish or to protect miners from falling stones.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A framework of timber covered with boards to support rubbish; also, a framework of boards to protect miners from falling stones.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In mining, a heavy timber secured in an excavation, and especially in the stopes.
- n. A luncheon; also, a large piece of bread, cheese, or other eatable.
"stull" system can, in inclined deposits, be further strengthened by building waste pillars against them, in which case the arrangement merges into the system of artificial pillars.
a small timber gang was struggling to hoist a huge log that they called a "stull" into position.
So stull that seems like obvious patterns to me isn't always, um, obvious at all to other folks.
Posted on May 18, 2010 at 5:56 pm oh man! one more season of angels, god & lucifer? you know how hard it is for a non-christian fan to keep up…have to keep googling stuff like the stull cemetary!
When placing the concrete, the stull (if made of wood) is to be remove because the concrete mix assumes the bracing function (pressure) (See Fig. 1 and Fig. 2).
A stull-batten is to be nailed on the formwork immediately above the ties to ensure that the projected beam width is kept when tieing the formwork.
Where certain differences stull exist between the parties, it will be submitted to Government as such.
Shoveling all this stull onto Central Courts had been all right when Mallorysport had had a population of less than five thousand and nothing else on the planet had had more than five hundred, but that time was ten years past.
Guys, this stull is powerful, easy, and fast to market … I've spent the night playing with a tech preview and I'm extremely impressed with the possibilities!
Report Abuse awesome game by pitt. the O-line did a great job protecting stull.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.