American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Located or occurring on or near the surface of the earth.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In geology, formed, produced, or deposited in the open air, and not beneath the sea, or under water, or below the surface; not submarine or subterranean: thus, subaërial denudation or erosion: See æolian, 2.
- adj. geology Located or occurring at the Earth's surface, especially on land
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Beneath the sky; in the open air; specifically (Geol.), taking place on the earth's surface, as opposed to
- Literally under the air (Wiktionary)
“This estimate includes both subaerial and submarine volcanoes, about in equal amounts.”
“The contribution to the present day atmospheric CO2 loading from volcanic emissions is, however, relatively insignificant, and it has been estimated that subaerial volcanism releases around 300 Mt/yr CO2.”
“Most showed signs of subaerial weathering and exfoliation.”
“This one billion year old formation contains calcitic or dolomitic red and green argillites, siltstones and sandstones and represents a subtidal to intertidal setting with occasional subaerial exposure.”
“The paper you linked to is taking about subaerial (undersea) volcanoes and there are clearly way more volcanoes under the ocean than on land (especially including the mid-oceanic ridges.)”
“So the subaerial volcanoe emissions have to be tied into these numbers.”
“Present-day carbon dioxide CO2 emissions from subaerial and submarine volcanoes are uncertain at the present time.”
““Present-day carbon dioxide CO2 emissions from subaerial and submarine volcanoes are uncertain at the present time.””
“The subaerial parts are the same warty and pimply growth which appears on the other side.”
“They are subtended by one of many aqueducts, whose walls, two feet thick, showed no signs of brick: it is remarkable for being run underground to pierce a hillock; in fact, the system is rather Greek or subterranean, than Roman or subaerial.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘subaerial’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
The descriptive science described.
Looking for tweets for subaerial.