from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of sulphur.
- v. Alternative spelling of sulfuring.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Exposure to the fumes of burning sulphur, as in bleaching; the process of bleaching by exposure to the fumes of sulphur.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of exposing to fumes of burning sulphur or of sulphuric acid.
- n. The process of converting a part of the oxygen of the air in a wine-cask into sulphurous acid, by introducing, just before the wine is racked into the cask, a burning rag impregnated with sulphur. It serves to hinder acetous fermentation.
- n. The act or process of applying flowers of sulphur, as to vines or roses to combat or prevent mildew.
Sorry, no etymologies found.