from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Variant of sulfurous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of sulfurous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to sulphur.
- adj. Derived from, or containing, sulphur; specifically, designating those compounds in which the element has a lower valence as contrasted with the sulphuric compounds.
- adj. Having the characteristic odor of sulphur dioxide, or of hydrogen sulphide, or of other sulphur compounds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of or impregnated with sulphur; containing sulphur; of or pertaining to sulphur; like sulphur; like the suffocating fumes or the heat of burning sulphur.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. harsh or corrosive in tone
- adj. of or related to or containing sulfur or derived from sulfur
- adj. characterized by oppressive heat and humidity
Sorry, no etymologies found.