from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of switch.
- n. a beating by means of a switch (twig or twigs).
- n. movement of an animal's tail
- n. the transference of an investment from one fund to another
- n. the movement of a locomotive from one track to another
- n. change from one product / service provider to another
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & n. from switch, v.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A beating with a switch.
- n. Trimming.
- n. Shunting.
- n. In telephony, the process by which the operator at the switchboard brings subscribers into communication.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of changing one thing or position for another
Sorry, no etymologies found.