from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Describing a torsion angle between 0° and 90°.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To asperse; slander; defame; vilify; traduce; belie; bespatter; blacken; libel. See Asperse.
- n. Stronghold. See Fortress.
- n. -Vestige; mark; token. See Vestige.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An abbreviation of synonym or synony-
- n. In chem., a prefix used to indicate that two groups or atoms in a compound are so situated in space that they can readily react with each other. See anti- .
From Greek syn-, with, together, having same function as co-, (synthesis, synoptic) (Wiktionary)