from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Synchronization: "an effect like that of stereo speakers slightly out of sync” ( Time).
- n. Harmony; accord: in sync with today's fashions.
- transitive v. To synchronize.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Synchronization.
- n. Harmony.
- v. To synchronize.
- v. To flush all pending I/O operations to disk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make synchronous and adjust in time or manner
Shortening of synchronization. (Wiktionary)