from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Combining disparate elements in one system, especially as in forms of religious observance, philosophical systems, or artistic creations.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Uniting and blending together different systems, as of philosophy, morals, or religion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to syncretism; characterized by syncretism; uniting, or attempting to unite, different systems, as of philosophy or religion. See syncretism.
- n. A syncretist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to a historical tendency for a language to reduce its use of inflections
- adj. of or characterized by syncretism
Sorry, no etymologies found.