Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A workman in a rolling-mill who has charge of the operation of the feeding-table by which the piece is delivered or fed to the rolls; or, one who works in connection with such a table.
- n. One of the men or pieces used in such games as draughts, chess, or backgammon.
- n. A player at one of these games; a dicer; a gamester: in the quotation said to mean ‘gaily appareled servants waiting at table.’
- n. rare Any of the pieces used to play the game of tables, backgammon or draughts
- n. rare A person sitting at the same table
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. rare A man at draughts; a piece used in playing games at tables. See table, n., 10.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘tableman’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for tableman.