American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A large ruminant mammal (Budorcas taxicolor) of the mountains of China, Myanmar (Burma), and the Himalayas, having backward-pointing horns and a shaggy coat.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A goat-like antelope, Budorcas taxicolor, related to the Rocky Mountain goat, found at a high altitude in the eastern Himalayas.
- n. large heavily built goat antelope of eastern Himalayan area
- From a Tibeto-Burman language, probably Miju-Mishmi or Digaro-Mishmi. (Wiktionary)
- Probably from Digaro (Tibeto-Burman language of northeast India). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“I guess the perfessers succeeded in takin 'all the interest out o' the subjects for him, after the way he'd lived life, and besides he was low on money all this time.”
“Masther Jim gev special insthructions not to be later'n half-past four in takin 'y' in, sir," said the Irishman.”
“I've talked to him like a brother, but it's little he sees in takin 'in his lights or flyin' false signals.”
“I’ve talked to him like a brother, but it’s little he sees in takin’ in his lights or flyin’ false signals.”
“I toyed with the idea of takin 'Jeff's folks to court for attempted fuckin' murder.”
“He's a butt kickin ', name takin' SOB …. which is exactly what this bunch of banana's needs ..”
“synners tag takin' cheap shots at p. diddy talk like a pirate tea from an empty cup technological torture technology technology apocalypse--long time coming teh cheezburgr strikes again!”
“So until I've seen you safely set up in the world and on your own way t 'where I think you might be able t' take some care for yourself, you'll do me the courtesy from now on o 'takin' me advice.”
“There's a fine line for bars a 'takin' on the Irish aires.”
“Aye, but they were loadin' stuff, no 'takin' it away.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘takin’.
sheep and more sheep and some
slang for sheep,films that feature sheep ,have you heard of sheeple?
A list of common animal names. Keep the list to 2 syllable words.No scientific names. No proper names like 'Fluffy' the elephant.Insects and other creatures (even ficticious like 'dragon') are we...
A myriad of game-changing words every Scrabble addict must have in his arsenal.
Keep in mind that these are all tried-and-true feasibly playable words selected for their handiness, i.e...
Animals and birds of nations and states. Also see Stately Plants
These might sound slangy, but they're mostly chemistry related or esoteric terms that can be turned into verbs with a -g suffix.
Looking for tweets for takin.