from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Subject to taxation: taxable income.
- n. One that is subject to taxation: taxables such as cigarettes and liquor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. subject to taxation.
- n. Something on which tax must be paid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being taxed; liable by law to the assessment of taxes.
- adj. That may be legally charged by a court against the plaintiff of defendant in a suit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Subject or liable to taxation.
- Allowable according to law, as certain costs or disbursements of an action in court.
- n. A person or thing subject to taxation; especially, a person subject to a poll-tax.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of goods or funds) subject to taxation
Sorry, no etymologies found.