from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To fill or overpower with terror; terrify.
- transitive v. To coerce by intimidation or fear. See Synonyms at frighten.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Alternative spelling of terrorise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To impress with terror; to coerce by intimidation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To fill with terror; control or coerce by terror; terrify; appal. Also spelled terrorise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. fill with terror; frighten greatly
- v. coerce by violence or with threats
terror + -ize (Wiktionary)