from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A book with wide spaces between the lines, to give room for notes.
- n. A volume, as of some classical author, on which a teacher lectures or comments; hence, any manual of instruction; a schoolbook.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A book containing a text or texts.
- n. A book used by students as a standard work for a particular branch of study; a manual of instruction; a book which forms the basis of lectures or comments.
- n. Same as libretto, 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a book prepared for use in schools or colleges
- adj. according to or characteristic of a casebook or textbook; typical
Sorry, no etymologies found.