from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A process for producing raised lettering, as on stationery or calling cards, by application of a powder that is fused by heat to the fresh ink.
- n. A diagnostic technique in which an infrared camera is used to measure temperature variations on the surface of the body, producing images that reveal sites of abnormal tissue growth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several techniques for the remote measurement of the temperature variations of a body, especially by creating images produced by infrared radiation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any process of writing involving the use of heat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any method of writing which requires heat to develop the characters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. diagnostic technique using a thermograph to record the heat produced by different parts of the body; used to study blood flow and to detect tumors
Sorry, no etymologies found.