from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Very thorough; complete: thoroughgoing research.
- adj. Unmitigated; unqualified: a thoroughgoing villain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Complete; thorough; full; with great attention to detail.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Going through, or to the end or bottom; very thorough; complete.
- adj. Going all lengths; extreme; thoroughplaced; -- less common in this sense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Unqualified; out-and-out; thorough; complete.
- Synonyms See radical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. performed comprehensively and completely
- adj. without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers
From thorough- + going. Compare thoroughgo. (Wiktionary)