from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A coin worth three pennies, formerly used in Great Britain.
- n. The sum of three pennies.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The amount of money equal to that of three pennies (old or new).
- n. A former (pre-decimalisation) British coin worth three old pennies.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small silver coin of three times the value of a penny.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A current English silver coin of the value of three pennies (6 cents), issued by Queen Victoria. Usually called threepenny-piece or threepenny.
- n. The sum or amount of three pennies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. former cupronickel coin of the United Kingdom equal to three pennies
Sorry, no etymologies found.