from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who has a valid ticket for an event or for a journey
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A device for attaching a tag, card, etc., to a trunk, box, or parcel.
- n. In a railway sleeping-car, a metal clip or spring fastened to the side of a berth, to hold the tickets of the occupant.
- n. A device for attaching a railroad-ticket to the hat or coat of a passenger to keep it in view.
- n. One who holds a ticket, as for admission to an exhibition or for other privilege.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Anyway, back to the weekend of May 16th and 17th, Bill Graham and The Who rescheduled the Friday late show for a Sunday matinee on May 18th ... with the offer of a full refund if a ticket-holder couldn't make the Sunday show instead.
Screaming in frustration, “It better not happen again!” one season ticket-holder said.
The businessman and one-time Cavaliers season ticket-holder tried in vain to flip over a parked grey Smart Car in celebration of the Heat loss.
One of the plaintiffs is a Cowboys season ticket-holder who said some of Jones' biggest-spending fans were promised access to Super Bowl tickets and ended up with obstructed views on metal folding chairs.
This is the biggest winner this country and Europe has ever seen, and follows hot on the heels of the anonymous ticket-holder who last October won £113m.
She is a longtime Georgetown basketball season ticket-holder, where she got undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Idaho officials are waiting for the other lucky ticket-holder to come forward.
The changes made afterward don't necessarily dumb down Taymor's version as much as they make the show more approachable and understandable for the average ticket-holder.
Deighton grins when asked whether, as an Arsenal season ticket-holder, he would secretly like to ask Arsène Wenger to open the 2012 Olympics.
Says Ken Lucero, 37, a frequent ticket-holder who refuses to sit anywhere else: The only thing you can't do here is your laundry.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.