from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who has a valid ticket for an event or for a journey
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A device for attaching a tag, card, etc., to a trunk, box, or parcel.
- n. In a railway sleeping-car, a metal clip or spring fastened to the side of a berth, to hold the tickets of the occupant.
- n. A device for attaching a railroad-ticket to the hat or coat of a passenger to keep it in view.
- n. One who holds a ticket, as for admission to an exhibition or for other privilege.
Sorry, no etymologies found.