from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. To call for a time-out.
- interj. To call for a suspension of activity or conversation.
- n. Alternative spelling of time-out.
- v. to end (an incomplete task) after a time limit
- v. of a task, to be terminated because it was not completed before a time limit
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a pause from doing something (as work)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.