from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The highest point; the summit.
- n. The highest degree of quality or excellence.
- adj. Excellent; first-rate: an athlete in tiptop condition.
- adv. Very well; excellently.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The very topmost point.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The highest or utmost degree; the best of anything.
- adj. Very excellent; most excellent; perfect.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The extreme top; the highest point in altitude, excellence, etc.
- Of the highest order or kind; most excellent; first-rate.
- In a tiptop manner; in the highest degree; to the top notch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. to the highest extent
- n. the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development
- n. the extreme top or summit
- adj. of the highest quality
tip + top (Wiktionary)