- v. idiomatic, intransitive To make a decision based on chance, for example by flipping a coin or rolling a dice.
- v. intransitive To throw something upwards.
- v. idiomatic, transitive To produce, generate.
- v. idiomatic, transitive To cook something quickly.
- v. idiomatic, transitive To casually mention as an idea
“– Now though as easy a man you would think as any in the wide world, there was no such thing as making him unsay one of these sort of vows,12 which he had learned to reverence when young, as I well remember teaching him to toss up for bog berries on my knee.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘toss up’.
Interesting words and usages from Smollett's 1749 translation of Lesage's L'Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane
Looking for tweets for toss up.