from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being tough
- n. Resistance to fracture when stressed
- n. A formidable difficulty
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being tough.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The property or character of being tough, in any sense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. impressive difficulty
- n. enduring strength and energy
- n. the elasticity and hardness of a metal object; its ability to absorb considerable energy before cracking
- n. the property of being big and strong
Sorry, no etymologies found.