American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having tracheae. Used of arthropods.
- n. A tracheate arthropod.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a trachea or tracheæ; pertaining to the Tracheata or Trachearia; tracheary.
- n. Any tracheate arthropod; a tracheary.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) Breathing by means of tracheæ; of or pertaining to the Tracheata.
- n. (Zoöl.) Any arthropod having tracheæ; one of the Tracheata.
“Hexapoda: tracheate arthropods with head, thorax and abdomen distinct, and only six legs in the adult stage: the true insects.”
‘tracheate’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for tracheate.