from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the transfer or movement of a person or thing to another place.
- adj. Relating to or used in the translation of a language.
- adj. Linguistics Of, relating to, or being the grammatical case indicating the state into which one passes in certain languages, as in Finnish (Tule) terveeksi! "(Get) well!”
- n. Linguistics The translative case.
- n. Linguistics A word or form in the translative case.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to the movement of a person or thing from one place to another
- adj. of, or relating to the translation of language
- adj. of, or relating to the translative case
- adj. In the form of a trope; figurative.
- n. the translative case
- n. a word in the translative case
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. tropical; figurative.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating or pertaining to translation; especially, involving transference of meaning; metaphorical.
Latin translativus that is to be transferred: compare French translatif. (Wiktionary)