from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of puffing or swelling.
- n. A swollen condition.
- n. A puffy or swollen part.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process or result of tumefying, swelling, or rising into a tumour.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of tumefying, swelling, or rising into a tumor; a tumor; a swelling.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of swelling or rising into a tumor; also, the condition of being tumefied or swollen.
- n. That which is tumefied or swollen; a tumid part; a tumor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process of tumefying; the organic process whereby tissue becomes swollen by the accumulation of fluid within it
French tuméfaction, from Latin tumefacere, to tumefy; see tumefacient.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Compare French tuméfaction. (Wiktionary)