from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British A male sheep; a ram.
- n. A heavy metal body, especially the head of a power hammer.
- transitive v. To copulate with (a ewe). Used of a ram.
- intransitive v. To copulate with a ewe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A male sheep, a ram.
- n. The head of a hammer, and particularly of a steam-driven hammer.
- v. To mate; used of a ram mating with a ewe.
- v. To have sex with, to bonk, etc.
- v. To butt: said of a ram.
- n. Two pence.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A ram.
- v. To butt, as a ram does.
- v. To cover; -- said of a ram.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To cover or copulate with: used specifically of a ram.
- To butt.
- To bow to before drinking.
- To copulate, as a ram.
- To butt, as a ram.
- n. A ram; the male of the sheep.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. uncastrated adult male sheep
He explained that a tup is a boy and a gimmer is a girl.
Rumpel, you mean 'tup' that Gents I give you that 80's icon ...
a little visitor, a cousin of ours, who could not speak very plainly, and who always called a cup a "tup," being sent to the village shop for
Each fold lightly greased with the sajuk tup and dusted with flour.
Douse the chapati with lots of sajuk tup before you remove from heat.
This chapati has lots of layers and sajuk tup flavor dominate.
Rub in the molten sajuk tup into the dry wheat flour.
Many are the times the Harrisons have seen the sheep approach their annual tup-seasons and, hopefully, there will be many more.
Never mind the governments action on poly bags will halve the problem, no need to worry. thinblueline, never under estimate a grumpy tup, not all sheep are equal. on March 13, 2008 at 6: 22 pm | Reply jasonpublic
Soon, all the gully dwarves were snorting and stomping along with Tas's song, singing, "Hoy tup the bale in the ankle a day," and tossing each other in the air.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.