from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To show up; to appear suddenly or unexpectedly.
- v. To increase the amount of something by means of a control, such as the volume, heat, or light.
- v. To reposition by rotating, flipping, etc. upwards.
- v. To belay or make fast a line on a cleat or pin.
- n. A stroke of good luck.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. be shown or be found to be
- v. discover the location of; determine the place of; find by searching or examining
- v. find by digging in the ground
- v. bend or lay so that one part covers the other
- v. appear or become visible; make a showing
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.