from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having springs attached to the axles from below. Used of a vehicle or of its frame.
- adj. Supported from above.
- adj. Having a low center of gravity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. supported from above (especially from the underside of a wing etc)
- adj. having a low center of gravity
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of an automobile body, suspended from the springs in such a manner that the frame of the chassis is below the axles, the object being to lower the center of gravity of the car.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. supported from above especially in a vehicle having springs attached to the axle from below
- adj. having a low center of gravity; built low to the ground
- adj. having a lower part projecting beyond the upper
Sorry, no etymologies found.