from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To divest of a god; to atheize.
- v. To divest of godly powers; to strip of divinity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To deprive of divinity; to undeify.
- transitive v. To cause to recognize no god; to deprive of a god; to make atheistical.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To divest of the divine attributes or qualities, real or supposed; divest of divinity; undeify. To deprive of a god, or cause to recognize no god; make atheistical or godless.
- A Middle English form of ungood.
un- + god. Compare Dutch ontgoden, German entgöttern. (Wiktionary)