from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An uneasy or troubled condition: social unrest.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A state of trouble, confusion and turbulence, especially in a political context; a time of riots, demonstrations and protests.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Want of rest or repose; unquietness; sleeplessness; uneasiness; disquietude.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Lack of rest or quietude, physical or mental.
- To disturb; deprive of rest.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a feeling of restless agitation
- n. a state of agitation or turbulent change or development
From un- + rest. (Wiktionary)