from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove the wrapping or wrappings from or become unwrapped.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To open or undo, as what is wrapped or folded.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To open or undo, as what is wrapped or folded.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To open or undo, as what is wrapped or folded; disclose; reveal.
- To become opened or undone.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. remove the outer cover or wrapping of
- v. make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret
From Middle English unwrappen, equivalent to un- + wrap. (Wiktionary)