American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being venous or venose.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Venose state, quality, or character.
- n. A condition in which the arterial blood is imperfectly oxygenated, and partakes of some of the characteristics of venous blood.
- n. A disturbance of equilibrium between the two circulatory systems, the veins being unduly filled at the expense of the arteries; general venous congestion.
- n. The quality of being venous or venose.
- n. A condition in which the circulation is retarded, and the entire mass of blood is less oxygenated than it normally is.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality or state of being venous.
- n. (Med.) A condition in which the circulation is retarded, and the entire mass of blood is less oxygenated than it normally is.
“Abdominal venosity (abdominal plethora), a feature of obesity, glycosuria, &c., are extremely well fitted for this form of treatment.”
‘venosity’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for venosity.