from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or constituting a vestige.
- adj. Biology Occurring or persisting as a rudimentary or degenerate structure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a vestige or remnant; like a trace from the past.
- adj. Not fully developed in mature animals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a vestige or remnant; like a vestige.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or of the nature of a vestige; like a mere trace of what has been; also, rudimentary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not fully developed in mature animals
vestige + -al (Wiktionary)