American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to television, especially televised images.
- adj. Of or relating to videotaped productions or videotape equipment and technology.
- adj. Computer Science Of or relating to the production of images on video displays.
- n. The visual portion of a televised broadcast.
- n. Television: a star of stage, screen, and video.
- n. A videocassette or videotape, especially one containing a recording of a movie, music performance, or television program.
- n. A music video.
- n. Computer Science The appearance of text and graphics on a video display.
- n. Television, television show, movie.
- n. Motion picture stored on VHS or some other format.
- n. dated VHS.
- v. To record using video equipment
- n. a recording of both the visual and audible components (especially one containing a recording of a movie or television program)
- n. (computer science) the appearance of text and graphics on a video display
- n. the visible part of a television transmission
- n. broadcasting visual images of stationary or moving objects
- Borrowed from Latin videō ("I see"). (Wiktionary)
- From Latin videō, first person sing. present tense of vidēre, to see; see vide. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“If I want to watch a video, then I will type in the word video as a keyword.”
“If you would like your video to be included in the next mail bag, please send me your highlight video* here:”
“The Long Tail of video using Animoto, which converts your photos to video*, with music.”
“* % video% - The first video found in the feed item returned as an embedded flash or video object.”
“iOrgsoft DVD Ripper, which deals with ripping DVD disc to various formats (video& audio) professionally, is a widely covered application that used to transfer video on DVDs to different formats (video or audio), to edit or back up DVD content, and for converting DVD video for playback on media players and mobile devices.”
“And no shocker that the highest rated Shania Twain video is “Still The One.””
“When they hear the phrase "video game," most Americans think”
“Incidentally, we heard a rumor that certain employees of a certain organization that may ... or may not ... be known for testing products think this video is awesome.”
“This video is a promotional gimmick for the British rock band Kasabian.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘video’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Our collection of FAQs, help and tips.
I can helping!!!
catalysts leading to action.
aka the inciting incident, point of attack there's no major rules here, broad umbrella terms or specific works for now.
( randomness, writing )
Words created by removing the end of a longer or original word. See also Fun with Aphesis.
My Tag Cloud
Very basic words for ESL students.
A list of all the HTML tags.
Looking for tweets for video.