from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being a virgin.
- n. The state of being pure, unsullied, or untouched.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being a virgin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being a virgin; undefiled purity or chastity; maidenhood.
- n. The unmarried life; celibacy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being a virgin; virginhood; chastity; the state of having had no carnal knowledge of man; the unmarried life; celibacy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the condition or quality of being a virgin
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The median age for when Americans lose their virginity is 17.
May 4th, 2010 at 1: 05 pm deanlo: virginity is also a small, pointless eccentricity. in the pursuit of becoming an interesting person, you should also avoid procreation. seriously, how can you claim to be a foodie but at the same time avoid degustatory pleasures on a mere whim?
The scene where Kim loses her virginity is unique.
When I learned this, it became apparent to me that idealized virginity is just a tool to keep women in their place.
Like most little girls, I was raised to believe that virginity is a sacred gift a woman should reserve for just the right man.
Authorities deny the charges, but defend one controversial practice - the administration of what are called "virginity tests" to female prisoners.
The sentiment of admiring a girl for defending her virginity, is here combined with a hatred against corrupt officials in the case.
Next entry: French appeals court restores marriage between two Muslims in virginity case
So, just how much do you think your virginity is worth?
This metaphor of combat as a loss of virginity is common to many bomber crew memoirs.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.